With initial support from major private foundations, including
- the Carnegie Corporation of New York,
- the Ford Foundation,
- the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, and
- the Christian A. Johnson Endeavor Foundation,
CAE developed innovative assessments (CLA and CWRA) for measuring students’ analytic-reasoning, problem-solving, and written communication skills. The assessments are focused on skill sets that students will need as they graduate and enter the workforce, and are designed to provide information to students, parents, and teachers about college preparation and success.
CAE's continuing work on these assessments is also supported by major foundations and important educational associations that share our mission of helping institutions measure and improve student learning outcomes. These include
- the American Association of Colleges and Universities (AAC&U),
- the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU),
- the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- the Charles Engelhard Foundation,
- the Council of Independent Colleges,
- the Ewing Marion Kaufmann Foundation
- Johnson & Johnson,
- the Lumina Foundation, and
- the Teagle Foundation.
For more information about these partnerships, please visit Foundation Support.