Measure the knowledge, skills, and abilities most important to your students, educators, and institutions through innovative, performance-based assessments.
Measure What Matters to Your Organization
CAE provides an array of services to assist educational organizations, state agencies, ministries, publishers, higher-education and K-12 institutions, and credentialing agencies. We are adept at working directly with subject matter experts (SMEs) as well as in situations involving several service providers. Our engagements have been as varied as helping with a single project component such as scoring or standard setting to full-scale development and implementation.
CAE has provided development services ranging from initial framework design to final review meeting facilitation to test delivery and scoring. CAE staff members have actively engaged in designing, developing, and implementing assessment programs and have played a key role in numerous local, national, and international assessment efforts.
Our custom assessment services include:
- program design
- framework design and development
- test specifications and blueprinting
- job analysis
- development of passages and other stimuli
- performance task development
- item development
- technology-enhanced item development
- assessment production
- psychometric analyses
- validation and evaluation research
- standard setting
- review meeting facilitation
- test delivery and processing
- results reporting
- quality control/quality assurance
- test delivery system design and implementation
A look at some of our sample projects
- CAE is developing performance-based assessments for one of the largest U.S. school districts for grades 3–12. Subject areas include math, science, social studies, ELA, and visual arts.
- CAE is developing ELA items for one of the largest states for grades 3–8.
- CAE has developed items and assessments for PARCC, Smarter Balanced, and several states under subcontract to firms such as Pearson, New Meridian, and Cognia.
Design & Development
Administration & Scoring
Reporting & Analysis
Translation & Adaptation
Want to learn more about how CAE can create custom
assessments tailored to the needs of your students and teachers?