Content knowledge is important to employers, but employers often place a higher premium on skills that aren’t reflected on transcripts.
Doris Zahner, PhD, CAE’s Chief Academic Officer
“Picking the Degrees and Majors of the Future: What to Know.”
U.S. News & World Report
- CAE to Participate in Discussion on Essential Skills for Success At Guadalajara International Book Fair
- CAE Names Michael Woods Vice President of Business Development
- CAE Adds RAND Corp.’s V. Darleen Opfer to Its Board of Directors
- CAE and Texas A&M University’s Mays Business School Extend Collaboration
- District Leaders Share First-Hand Experience Using Performance-Based Assessments to Authentically Measure Student Learning
- CAE and OECD Launch New OECD Report: ‘Does Higher Education Teach Students to Think Critically?’
- CAE and Edalex Examine Essential Academic and Career Skills, Importance of Micro-Credentials During Professional Learning Webinar
- CAE Expands Product Offerings and Enhances Technology Platform to More Effectively Measure College and Career Readiness Skills
- CAE Webinar Poll Finds Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills are Vital for Lifelong Success
- CAE Partners With Australia’s GOTAFE to Assess Student Employability Skills
- CAE and Texas A&M University’s Business School Announce Partnership to Improve Student Outcomes
- Ensure Students Are Ready For Their Next Steps
- CAE and Johns Hopkins University Collaborate on College and Career Readiness Research Project
- Providing Critical Data on Students’ College and Career Readiness
- The Future of K–12 Education: Preparing Students With Skills Needed to Be Successful in Life After High School
- The Importance of Assessing Students’ In-Demand Skills, Now
- CAE Leads INQAAHE Conference Workshop on Measuring Students’ Learning Outcomes in an International Context
- CAE Announces Key Team Hires to Meet Increasing Demand
- CAE Presents Case for Authentic Assessment to Improve Student Outcomes at Beyond Multiple Choice Seminar
- CAE and Centerpoint Education Solutions Collaborate to Support Mutual College and Career Readiness Goals
- CAE Launches Success Skills Assessment for Secondary and Higher Education Students
- CAE Case Study Shows No Difference in Performance Task Scores with Remote Proctoring
- CAE Introduces ‘Next Step’ Assessment Management Platform
- CAE Announces Formation of Advisory Board and Inaugural Members
- CAE Partners with New Meridian to Develop English Language Arts and Literacy Summative Assessments
- CAE Adds Two Members to Board of Directors
- CAE’s Point of View: Embedded Assessments
- CAE’s Point of View: Remote Testing
- CAE Partners with Edalex to Develop Global Credentialing Program for College and Career Skills
- CAE Chief Academic Officer Doris Zahner Co-authors Chapter in New Book on Assessment
- CAE Partners with Education Research and Development Institute
- CAE Announces Stacey Sparks as Senior Director of Content Design and Development
- CAE Names Regina Yeager National Account Executive
- Mark Keough Joins CAE Fellows for Asia Pacific Region
- CAE Augments Senior Management Team
Upcoming & Recent Events
OECD Report Release: Does Higher Education Teach Students to Think Critically?
Co-authored & co-edited by Doris Zahner, Ph.D.
Using Performance-Based Assessment to Authentically Measure Student Learning
Hosted by Lisa Karlich (NYC Department of Education), Mary Jo Conery (Catalina Foothills School District, AZ), and Stacey Sparks (CAE)
Micro-Credentials and Essential Academic and Career Skills: Measuring Learning Outcomes
Hosted by: Edalex and CAE
12:30 p.m.–2:20 p.m. CST
International Book Fair Guadalajara 2022
Sharjah, Guest of Honor Forum
Wellbeing Objective: Build Inclusive, Sustainable and Creative Societies
Panel: Towards a new social contract: How to achieve student success?
Developing Essential Skills for College and Career Readiness: Are Your Students Ready for Their Next Steps?
- Students Graduating with Critical Thinking Deficiencies
- Do Universities Teach Students to Think Critically?
- Fostering Employability Skills for Students
- Are You Preparing Students with the Critical Thinking Skills Essential for Success?
- 4 Student Success Trends to Track in 2022
- 39 Predictions for Higher Ed’s Path in 2022
- The Future of Work: Assessing Skills Essential for Success
- Picking the Degrees and Majors of the Future
- Florida Plans to End its Standardized Test. Here’s How College Admissions Should Respond.
- Have We Seen the Last of the Major Standardized Tests?
- Remote Proctoring
- Embedded Assessments
- The Case for Performance-Based Assessment of Critical Thinking Skills (pdf)
- Leveling the Playing Field from College to Career (pdf)
- The Effect of Attaching Stakes to a Performance-Based Assessment of Critical Thinking and Written Communication (pdf)