Content knowledge is important to employers, but employers often place a higher premium on skills that aren’t reflected on transcripts.
Doris Zahner, PhD, CAE’s Chief Academic Officer
“Picking the Degrees and Majors of the Future: What to Know.”
U.S. News & World Report
- CAE Webinar Explores How to Put Portrait of a Graduate Initiatives Into Practice
- CAE Approved as College and Career Readiness Assessment Vendor for K-12 Schools in Wisconsin
- CAE Discusses Measurement of Essential Skills During ‘Research on International Studies in Education’ Webinar Series
- CAE To Host Webinar ‘Portrait of a Graduate: Making the Vision Reality For Your Students’
- CAE and Universidad IberoAmericana Renew Student Assessment Collaboration
- CAE Expands Partnership with New Meridian Corporation
- CAE to Participate in Discussion on Essential Skills for Success At Guadalajara International Book Fair
- CAE Names Michael Woods Vice President of Business Development
- CAE Adds RAND Corp.’s V. Darleen Opfer to Its Board of Directors
- CAE and Texas A&M University’s Mays Business School Extend Collaboration
- District Leaders Share First-Hand Experience Using Performance-Based Assessments to Authentically Measure Student Learning
- CAE and OECD Launch New OECD Report: ‘Does Higher Education Teach Students to Think Critically?’
- CAE and Edalex Examine Essential Academic and Career Skills, Importance of Micro-Credentials During Professional Learning Webinar
- CAE Expands Product Offerings and Enhances Technology Platform to More Effectively Measure College and Career Readiness Skills
- CAE Webinar Poll Finds Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills are Vital for Lifelong Success
- CAE Partners With Australia’s GOTAFE to Assess Student Employability Skills
- CAE and Texas A&M University’s Business School Announce Partnership to Improve Student Outcomes
- Ensure Students Are Ready For Their Next Steps
- CAE and Johns Hopkins University Collaborate on College and Career Readiness Research Project
- Providing Critical Data on Students’ College and Career Readiness
- The Future of K–12 Education: Preparing Students With Skills Needed to Be Successful in Life After High School
- The Importance of Assessing Students’ In-Demand Skills, Now
- CAE Leads INQAAHE Conference Workshop on Measuring Students’ Learning Outcomes in an International Context
- CAE Announces Key Team Hires to Meet Increasing Demand
- CAE Presents Case for Authentic Assessment to Improve Student Outcomes at Beyond Multiple Choice Seminar
- CAE and Centerpoint Education Solutions Collaborate to Support Mutual College and Career Readiness Goals
- CAE Launches Success Skills Assessment for Secondary and Higher Education Students
- CAE Case Study Shows No Difference in Performance Task Scores with Remote Proctoring
- CAE Introduces ‘Next Step’ Assessment Management Platform
- CAE Announces Formation of Advisory Board and Inaugural Members
- CAE Partners with New Meridian to Develop English Language Arts and Literacy Summative Assessments
- CAE Adds Two Members to Board of Directors
- CAE’s Point of View: Embedded Assessments
- CAE’s Point of View: Remote Testing
- CAE Partners with Edalex to Develop Global Credentialing Program for College and Career Skills
- CAE Chief Academic Officer Doris Zahner Co-authors Chapter in New Book on Assessment
- CAE Partners with Education Research and Development Institute
- CAE Announces Stacey Sparks as Senior Director of Content Design and Development
- CAE Names Regina Yeager National Account Executive
- Mark Keough Joins CAE Fellows for Asia Pacific Region
- CAE Augments Senior Management Team
Upcoming & Recent Events
Future-Ready Students: How to Develop and Measure Higher-Order Skills
Thursday, April 6, 2023, 2:00 p.m. EDT
Hosted by Dr. Doris Zahner, Denise Mutlu, and Jimmy Han
RISE Webinar Series: Does Higher Education Teach Students to Think Critically?
Hosted by Dr. Doris Zahner and Dr. Jani Ursin, with a discussion by Dr. Enis Dogan; moderated by Dr. Karly Ford
edWebinar: Portrait of a Graduate: Making the Vision a Reality for Your Students
Hosted by Jon Alfuth, KnowledgeWorks Senior Director of State Policy; Dr. Kipp Rogers, Chief Academic Officer, Virginia Beach City Public Schools; and Dr. Doris Zahner, CAE Chief Academic Officer
March 12 – 15, 2023
Association of Test Publishers (ATP) 2023 Conference
CAE’s Cynthia Kim and Mike Woods will be attending. Let’s set up some time to chat!
April 13 – 16, 2023
American Educational Research Association (AERA) 2023 Conference
Olivia Cortellini, Tess Dawber, and Doris Zahner will present their paper, “Measuring and Improving Higher Education Students’ Critical Thinking and Written Communication Skills.”
April 13, 2023 at 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. CST
2023 National Council on Measurement in Education (NCME) Annual Meeting
Join Doris Zahner and education experts for a panel discussion (more details coming soon).
San Diego, CA
April 16 – 19, 2023
CAE’s Mike Woods and Doris Zahner to attend. Let’s set up some time to chat!
OECD Report Release: Does Higher Education Teach Students to Think Critically?
Co-authored & co-edited by Doris Zahner, Ph.D.
Using Performance-Based Assessment to Authentically Measure Student Learning
Hosted by Lisa Karlich (NYC Department of Education), Mary Jo Conery (Catalina Foothills School District, AZ), and Stacey Sparks (CAE)
Micro-Credentials and Essential Academic and Career Skills: Measuring Learning Outcomes
Hosted by: Edalex and CAE
International Book Fair Guadalajara 2022
Sharjah, Guest of Honor Forum
Wellbeing Objective: Build Inclusive, Sustainable and Creative Societies
Panel: Towards a new social contract: How to achieve student success?
Developing Essential Skills for College and Career Readiness: Are Your Students Ready for Their Next Steps?
- 16 Predictions About Higher Education in 2023
- 37 Predictions About EdTech’s Impact in 2023
- Students Graduating with Critical Thinking Deficiencies
- Do Universities Teach Students to Think Critically?
- Fostering Employability Skills for Students
- Are You Preparing Students with the Critical Thinking Skills Essential for Success?
- 4 Student Success Trends to Track in 2022
- 39 Predictions for Higher Ed’s Path in 2022
- The Future of Work: Assessing Skills Essential for Success
- Picking the Degrees and Majors of the Future
- Florida Plans to End its Standardized Test. Here’s How College Admissions Should Respond.
- Have We Seen the Last of the Major Standardized Tests?
- Remote Proctoring
- Embedded Assessments
- The Case for Performance-Based Assessment of Critical Thinking Skills (pdf)
- Leveling the Playing Field from College to Career (pdf)
- The Effect of Attaching Stakes to a Performance-Based Assessment of Critical Thinking and Written Communication (pdf)